A bit about me...

I'm a full-time student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and am planning to graduate in December of 2010. After graduating with my bachelor's degree I plan on attending graduate school at the University of South Alabama also. At the moment my plan for graduate school is to obtain my master's degree in Gifted Education. I also plan on beginning my teaching career after graduating with my bachelor's degree. I would love to get a job teaching in Baldwin County, Alabama and work on my master's at the same time at the Baldwin County campus of the University of South Alabama.

Why I've Chosen to be a Teacher

Not to sound biased, but I think teaching is one of the most important professions out there. Teachers shape the way of the future in more ways than one. Every student that comes into our classroom is someone that will be out in the world one day with their very own profession and goals. It is our job to provide these future leaders with an education that can get them wherever they want to go. Yet, while some may believe that teaching is an easy profession I strongly disagree. Just because we aim to have children in our class that are excited to learn, this will not always be the case. It is our job to get those that aren't excited to be excited. We need to be creative and innovative and do whatever it takes to make sure that our students are a success in school and have the potential to be a success when they enter their career. Teachers should never underestimate their influence on their students, and I belive by entering the profession you should be willing to give it your best to help your students succeed. I plan on doing these things and that is why I have chosen to be a teacher. I believe in my students and in return I want to help them to learn to believe in themselves.