A bit about me...

I'm a full-time student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and am planning to graduate in December of 2010. After graduating with my bachelor's degree I plan on attending graduate school at the University of South Alabama also. At the moment my plan for graduate school is to obtain my master's degree in Gifted Education. I also plan on beginning my teaching career after graduating with my bachelor's degree. I would love to get a job teaching in Baldwin County, Alabama and work on my master's at the same time at the Baldwin County campus of the University of South Alabama.

Making Connections Around the Globe

It is so important to have different perspectives in your classroom and incorporate the ideas of others. One way to ensure this is to make connections not only in your own school, but in schools around the globe. Whether you may be contacting another teacher or an entire class, it is always interesting to see what others around the world are accomplishing in education. Education is an ongoing process and there are always new ways to improve what I am doing in the classroom. By getting ideas from others that aren't in my particular area I may incorporate methods and activities in my class that my students may have never seen otherwise. Also, getting other educators' perspectives can help you improve upon your own methods as well. It's possible to have something great going in your classroom, but there might be something that could take just a little tweaking and you might have something fantastic going on in your classroom. Making connections around the world can help your classroom become diverse and interesting in many different ways.