A bit about me...

I'm a full-time student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and am planning to graduate in December of 2010. After graduating with my bachelor's degree I plan on attending graduate school at the University of South Alabama also. At the moment my plan for graduate school is to obtain my master's degree in Gifted Education. I also plan on beginning my teaching career after graduating with my bachelor's degree. I would love to get a job teaching in Baldwin County, Alabama and work on my master's at the same time at the Baldwin County campus of the University of South Alabama.

Advocating for my Students

As teachers, our job is to educate and to do that in the best way that we can. In order to truly educate our students in the best way possible we must advocate for them. We must be certain that they are receiving the best and most equal education oppotunity possible. This applies to many different things such as making sure they have the necessities they need to succeed in school and making sure the curriculum is something that they can really understand. In many instances certain children are not treated as fairly as other children within a large realm of school, and we must advocate for them and try to improve this treatment. We are not just aiming for our students to get good grades as teachers, we are aiming for them to succeed in all areas of school and to be able to have a bright and positive future.