A bit about me...

I'm a full-time student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and am planning to graduate in December of 2010. After graduating with my bachelor's degree I plan on attending graduate school at the University of South Alabama also. At the moment my plan for graduate school is to obtain my master's degree in Gifted Education. I also plan on beginning my teaching career after graduating with my bachelor's degree. I would love to get a job teaching in Baldwin County, Alabama and work on my master's at the same time at the Baldwin County campus of the University of South Alabama.

Being a "Life-long Learner"

I feel that being a life-long learner is so very important in all professions, but especially in the teaching profession. Being a life-long learner means that you never give up the oppotunity to learn something new. Whether you are learning from your students or your colleauges, everyone can teach you something valuable and it is important to be open to that possibility. Teaching is an ever-chaning profession, new things arise all the time. If you become a stagnant teacher and never take the opportunity to change your ways or methods of teaching then you have stopped being a life-long learner. Learning is an oppotunity to challenge and better yourself. As teachers, it is important to model that process so that our students feel the same about learning. My goal is to keep learning throughout my career and after and I feel that's something many teachers should strive to do as well.