A bit about me...

I'm a full-time student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and am planning to graduate in December of 2010. After graduating with my bachelor's degree I plan on attending graduate school at the University of South Alabama also. At the moment my plan for graduate school is to obtain my master's degree in Gifted Education. I also plan on beginning my teaching career after graduating with my bachelor's degree. I would love to get a job teaching in Baldwin County, Alabama and work on my master's at the same time at the Baldwin County campus of the University of South Alabama.

Teaching Strategies for the Classroom

There are many different strategies that can be implemented into a classroom to make it successful. One strategy I plan on having in my classroom is an open communication line between myself and my students and their parents. Communication is key, I believe, to being successful and to stay on top of things in education. Students and their parents appreciate understanding what is going on in the classroom at all times and I plan on having them aware of our classroom activities. Also, another strategy I'd like to implement is what is called project-based learning. Now, I will be teaching elementary schools and doing many projects could be difficult at that age, but I would like to start my students off learning with that style. Projects always get the students more involved, whether it be individual or group work. They really enjoy it if it makes the subject we are learning about more interesting and it is a creative project. My goal is to get my students interested and excited about learning and I think projects would be a good way to do so. Like I've said in other posts, education is an ever-changing thing so teachers have to be prepared to change their strategies from time to time. I hope to be a teacher that is open to change, and from that I know my ideas about what happens in the classroom will change too.