A bit about me...

I'm a full-time student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and am planning to graduate in December of 2010. After graduating with my bachelor's degree I plan on attending graduate school at the University of South Alabama also. At the moment my plan for graduate school is to obtain my master's degree in Gifted Education. I also plan on beginning my teaching career after graduating with my bachelor's degree. I would love to get a job teaching in Baldwin County, Alabama and work on my master's at the same time at the Baldwin County campus of the University of South Alabama.

Using Techonological Tools in the Classroom

Technology has proven to be the way of the future and I believe it will remain so for many years to come. So, going with the trend I plan on incorporating a wide variety of technological tools in my classroom. Children are learning to use computers and all sorts of technology at a younger and younger age and using technology always interests them. My idea is that if you are using something your students will enjoy working with then they will learn even more information. Technology in the classroom now ranges from blogs, to smart boards, to podcasts, and so much more. As I will be teaching in an elementary classroom, it may not be possible to use all of the technology I am familiar with with my students because of their age. I do plan on using blogs as a major tool in my classroom. Although I may be the only one updating it, it can be considered a constant newsletter of my classroom going for my students and their parents. I really hope to have a smart board in my classroom also. I've observed in classrooms that are putting the smart boards to use and the students love them. They allow the students to interact and work first-hand with the lesson being taught in the class. I plan on using technology in my classroom as much as possible. Whether it be powerpoints, computer programs, or video podcasts obtained on-line I want to incoporate it all and get my students involved and enjoying their learning experience.